Apple Coconut Barfi is a delicious Indian Sweet treat that fudge-like Barfi and its super easy to make. It’s also gluten-free. The fruity taste makes for a great sweet snack.
• 3 cup apple (peeled and shredded)
• 1 cup freshly grated coconut (I am using frozen coconut)
• 1 1/2 cup sugar
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
• 1/4 tsp crushed cardamom
• 1 Tbsp sliced pistachios (for garnishing)
1. In a non-stick frying pan add coconut, apple, and sugar, cook over medium heat, until mixture start coming together and apples should be very tender. This should take about 7-10 minutes.
2. Add cardamom powder and walnut, mix it well cook stirring continually until mix should becomes consistency of soft dough, this should take about 2-3 minutes, turn of the heat.
3. Pour the mixture into greased plate while Burfi mixture is still hot spread it evenly about 3/4-inch-thick in a square shape. Press the mixture with spatula to make it firm. Sprinkle the pistachios and lightly press.
While Burfi is still warm cut them in about one inch square.
4. Allow the Burfi to cool for about two hours to dry and hold its shape. Now you can remove the burfi from the plate.