This Baked Crispy Chicken is a special recipe by Ms. Ganny McGolf. She as made this by mixing African and Indian recipes. Try it out and let us know how it is.
Baked Crispy Chicken Thighs
• 2 1/2 – 3 pound chicken thighs (about 5-6)
• 2 teaspoon creole or cajun spice
• 2 teaspoon onion powder
• 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme or oregano
• 1 teaspoon garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
• ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Wash chicken thighs, wipe with a paper towel. Combine spices and mix well.
Sprinkle both sides with a generous amount of the spice blend place them on a cookie sheet in a single layer, you can let them sit in the fridge overnight.
2. Do not cover them; let the air-dry them or proceed with baking.
3. When ready to bake, preheat oven to 475°.
4. Bake chicken thighs in the preheated oven starting at 475 degrees for the first 20 minutes then drop to 400 degrees. Bake until skin is crispy, thighs are no longer pink at the bone, and the juices run clear, about 30 minutes.