• 8 Chicken Drumsticks
• 1 cup water
• 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinegar
• 1⁄3 cup soy sauce
• 2 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
• 1 garlic clove, peeled and bruised
• 1 small hot chili pepper, seeds removed
1. Place all the ingredients in a saucepan over a high heat.
Bring to the boil, then reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes.
2. Remove any scum that rises to the surface.
Increase the heat, turning the drumsticks frequently in the liquid, and cook until the liquid has reduced to a sticky glaze.
3. Arrange the chicken on a serving platter, remove the garlic clove and chili from the liquid, and spoon the glaze over.